Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy In Tyler, TX
Balance your body by restoring normal hormone levels.
BHRT can relieve symptoms of hormone imbalance, prevent memory loss, improve cardiovascular health, and bone production, growth and repair.
As you age, your body makes less of certain hormones key to quality of life.
Testosterone and estrogen imbalances cause issues like hot flashes, night sweats, low sex drive, sleeplessness, and mood changes.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) augments natural hormone production, restoring it to normal levels.
BHRT uses compounds identical in molecular structure and chemistry to the hormones naturally produced in your body.
Forum Health Tyler performs hormone balancing through pellets implanted under the skin. Depending on the needs of each unique patient, we can also deliver hormones through creams, pills, suppositories, and injections.
Benefits of pellets for hormone therapy (HRT) for men and women
Pellet insertion is a safe, effective, and convenient way to augment natural hormone production. You only have to think about it 3–4 times per year!
- Painless and quick: Pellets contain compressed hormones, and insertion takes just a few minutes. Using a local anesthetic, we make a small incision in the upper buttock area. We then use a device to insert pellets about a half-inch under the skin.
- Minimally invasive: The incision required is tiny (about 1 cm). Usually, it doesn’t require stitches and can be closed with a strip of wound closure tape. This falls off by itself after about a week. Pellets are also completely biodegradable under the skin, leaving no residue.
- Short recovery: The recovery period lasts just a few days. Pellets are placed using a sterile technique, so the risk of infection is low.
- Consistent delivery: Once inserted, pellets dissolve slowly over about four months. That means they’ll provide a steady dose of hormones. You’ll avoid the ups and downs seen with other delivery methods like weekly injections.
- Long-term results: You should start feeling effects within a couple weeks — often in the first few days. After one treatment, results typically last for 3–6 months. With other delivery methods, another new dose might be required every week.
- Easy and worry-free: Self-injecting hormones can bring pain, inconvenience, and several side effects not seen with pellets. Additionally, pellet hormones can’t contaminate family members or pets — unlike with creams and gels applied to your skin.
Hormone replacement therapy for women
Estrogen is responsible for over 400 functions in the body. As women age and the body stops producing eggs, natural production of estrogen and progesterone decreases.
At Forum Health Tyler, our clinicians perform the safest, most effective version of hormone therapy as described by the FDA.¹
Most women will start to experience these changes in hormone levels during their late 40s. This can lead to hot flashes and other problems. Changes in hormones can even affect mood and behavior.²
Millions of women in the United States are suffering from hormonal imbalance, whether it is early menopause, perimenopause symptoms, perimenopause weight gain, adrenal fatigue, menopause, or premenstrual symptoms (PMS). In many cases, bioidentical hormone therapy is the solution.
Hot flashes, night sweats, trouble sleeping and weight gain are the most common symptoms of hormonal imbalance as a woman ages. Perimenopause weight gain is often times misdiagnosed and is one of the first signs of hormonal imbalance. These signs and related conditions are also connected to your stress levels, poor nutrition, lack of exercise and the environmental toxins your body is exposed to on a daily basis.
Hormonal imbalances are also the root of many chronic health problems and can increase your risk of serious disease. In women, the symptoms often first appear in perimenopause or menopause, when estrogen, progesterone and testosterone production begins to diminish.
The good news is that hormone loss and imbalance is correctible. Through the use of bioidentical hormones, women can not only be relieved of the symptoms, but also effectively protect themselves against osteoporosis and heart disease. And through supervised treatment, natural hormones can make women feel healthier and younger than they have in years.
Forum Health Tyler uses only bioidentical hormones which are identical to the body’s natural chemistry. These natural female hormone replacement treatment plans will support women suffering from the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, whether due to age, a hysterectomy, adrenal fatigue or a thyroid problem.
To determine your hormonal needs, Forum Health Tyler will thoroughly evaluate your symptoms using state-of-the-art diagnostic tests such as saliva and/or blood tests to determine your hormone levels and your unique bioidentical hormonal needs. After starting a natural hormone replacement program, your hormone levels are regularly monitored to insure they are at their optimum balance. With Forum Health Tyler’s experienced supervision, the use of bioidentical hormone therapy helps women to live their best life possible.
BHRT for women can help ease symptoms of:
- vaginal dryness
- bone thinning, or osteoporosis
- urinary problems
- thinning hair
- sleep problems
- hot flashes and night sweats
- lower fertility
- irregular periods
- concentration and memory difficulties
- smaller breasts and an accumulation of fat in the abdomen
The signs of menopause and related hormonal issues include:
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Mood swings
- Low sex drive
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Memory loss or foggy memory
- Uterine fibroids
- PMS (worsening Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Vaginal dryness
Includes office visit, Women’s Hormone Evaluation questionnaire, recommendations for in-house blood lab testing and TFTs (thyroid tests), and a complete evaluation of lab results. Evaluations include a follow up Office Visit or phone consultation to review test results and the suggested treatment plan. Patients should schedule this at the conclusion of the Hormone Evaluation for 2-3 days later. Blood testing for women includes serum estradiol, progesterone, DHEA, testosterone, SHBG, Vitamin D, and Thyroid functions (TSH, T3). Other tests may be ordered as needed.
Testosterone therapy for men
BHRT can augment natural testosterone production, restoring it to normal levels. Forum Health performs testosterone balancing through pellets implanted under the skin.
Learn more about testosterone pellet therapy for men.
Schedule BHRT Therapy In Tyler, TX
Are you wondering if bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is right for you? Call us today to get a free consultation with one of our experienced health advisors or schedule an appointment with Dr. McCarty at our conveniently located Tyler, TX office.